Defending The Rights Of You And Your Family
Photo of Eric Hamilton
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Division Of Property

Dividing Assets And Debts: Who Gets What?

At the Law Office of Eric T. Hamilton, I have provided comprehensive counsel to men and women in Kings County and Tulare County for more than 20 years. As a sole practitioner, I will work directly with you throughout the legal process, providing caring and informative counsel designed to help you get the outcome you seek. Though I take a serious approach to all legal matters, I will strive to help you relax, knowing that you are receiving vigorous and dedicated counsel.

We Will Evaluate Various Pieces Of Property

I have extensive knowledge of how asset and debt division are conducted under California’s community property laws. When you hire me to assist you with the distribution of marital property, I will sit down with you and carefully review all marital debts and assets, identify when and how property was obtained, and debts incurred. I will look at all types of property, including:

  • Real estate — principal residence, vacation homes, condos and rental property
  • Personal property — cars, electronics, jewelry and boats
  • Financial assets — bank accounts, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, insurance and other investments
  • Retirement accounts — IRAs, 401(k)s, pension plans and deferred compensation
  • Business interests — closely held corporations or family partnerships

When necessary, I will retain experts, including appraisers and forensic accountants, to help prepare and present evidence to support your claims.

What Is Community Property?

If you are facing divorce, you likely have concerns about how the assets and debts of your marriage will be divided under California’s community property laws. What property will be considered separate property and not be subject to equal division? How can you be certain that your ex-spouse is not hiding assets? You want an skilled lawyer to protect your interests, someone who has  effectively and successfully guided others to a brighter future.

Request A Meeting With Me, Attorney Hamilton

I provide an initial consultation to all clients. To set up a meeting with an experienced Visalia property division attorney, contact me online, or call me at 559-733-3270 or toll free at 877-669-5712. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. I accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.